Are you struggling to adapt to the latest objective changes in League of Legends? Feeling left behind as other players exploit the new strategies? Fear not, fellow gamers! In this post, we’ll dive deep into the 13.4 LoL Objective Changes and guide you on how to dominate the Rift like never before. 🚀
TL;DR: Key Takeaways
- Understand the impact of the 2021 preseason objective changes
- Maximize your chances of securing the powerful dragon soul buff
- Adapt your gameplay to the new Rift Herald mechanics
- Learn from the pros: insights from Cloud9’s Head Coach, Mark Zimmerman
- Get exclusive tips on how to dominate the new objectives
Preseason Changes and Their Impact on Gameplay
In the 2021 preseason, Riot Games introduced several objective changes that shook the foundations of the game. Some of the major changes included the removal of the Rift Herald’s eye and the addition of new dragon buffs. These modifications have transformed the way teams approach objectives, shifting focus from simply taking down towers and inhibitors to securing dragons and the Rift Herald for their potent buffs.
“The objective changes in League of Legends have completely shifted the way teams approach the game. It’s no longer just about taking down towers and inhibitors, but also securing dragons and the Rift Herald for their powerful buffs.” – Mark Zimmerman, Head Coach of Cloud9
The Power of the Dragon Soul Buff
Since the dragon soul buff was introduced, it has become a highly sought-after objective in competitive play. According to data from League of Graphs, the dragon soul buff has a win rate of 70.4% in games where a team secures it. To capitalize on this advantage, you must learn to prioritize and secure dragons in your matches.
Securing the Dragon Soul: Strategies and Tips
- Ward control: Maintain vision control around the dragon pit with control wards and Oracle Lens. Deny the enemy team vision and keep them guessing.
- Timing: Track dragon respawn timers and position your team accordingly. Ensure your teammates are ready for the fight when the dragon spawns.
- Objective trading: If you can’t contest a dragon, trade it for a turret or Rift Herald to maintain pressure on the map.
Adapting to the New Rift Herald Mechanics
The removal of the Rift Herald’s eye has changed how teams approach this objective. Gone are the days of quick, easy takedowns. Instead, you’ll need to invest more time and resources into securing the Herald, and use it strategically to maximize its impact on the game.
Tips for Conquering the Rift Herald:
- Early pressure: Apply pressure in the top and mid lanes to create space for your jungler to secure the Rift Herald.
- Team coordination: Ensure your team is on the same page when summoning the Herald. Use it when the enemy team is preoccupied with another objective or when multiple enemies are dead.
- Optimize usage: Use the Rift Herald to take down multiple turrets, secure first turret blood, or break open an inhibitor turret.
Learning from the Pros: Exclusive Insights from Cloud9’s Mark Zimmerman
With the constantly evolving metagame, it’s crucial to stay informed and learn from those who’ve mastered the art of objective control. Mark Zimmerman, Head Coach of Cloud9, shares his top tips for adapting to the 13.4 LoL Objective Changes:
- Study the best: Watch professional matches and analyze how the top teams prioritize and secure objectives. Learn from their strategies and incorporate them into your own gameplay.
- Communication is key: Establish clear communication with your team, discussing your objective priorities and making collective decisions. A coordinated team is more likely to secure objectives and win games.
- Adapt and improve: Be open to changing your strategies as the metagame shifts. Keep an open mind, and always be prepared to learn and grow as a player.
Dominate the Rift: Unleash Your Team’s True Potential
Mastering the 13.4 LoL Objective Changes will not only improve your individual gameplay but also boost your team’s overall performance. Here are some secret insider tips to help you stand out:
- Be flexible: Adapt your champion picks and item builds to the current objective-focused metagame. Choose champions with strong objective control, such as Nunu, Shyvana, or Trundle.
- Play the map: Always be aware of the state of the game and which objectives are available. Make proactive decisions to secure objectives, and avoid reactive, unplanned plays.
- Trust your instincts: Don’t be afraid to take calculated risks, but also know when to back off. Balancing aggression and caution is crucial to success in League of Legends.
Control the Map: The Importance of Vision
One of the most critical aspects of mastering the 13.4 LoL Objective Changes is maintaining map control through vision. Proper ward placement and vision denial will give your team the information needed to make informed decisions and secure objectives with confidence.
Warding: Tips for Map Control
- Deep wards: Placing deep wards in the enemy jungle can provide valuable intel on their movements and objective control. This information can help your team prepare for potential objective contests or ganks.
- Objective-specific wards: When preparing for an objective, place control wards around the pit and in nearby bushes. This will help your team spot any enemies attempting to contest the objective and deny them vision.
- Ward placement: Place wards in high-traffic areas, such as jungle entrances and river bushes. This will give your team greater map awareness and allow for better decision-making.
Shotcalling: Making the Right Decisions
As the game progresses, making the right decisions becomes crucial to success. Whether it’s choosing which objective to prioritize or when to contest an enemy’s attempt at securing an objective, effective shotcalling can make or break your team’s performance.
Shotcalling Tips for Success
- Stay informed: Keep track of objective timers, enemy cooldowns, and summoner spell usage. This information will help you make more informed decisions on when and how to contest objectives.
- Team communication: Encourage open communication among your teammates. Sharing information and discussing strategies can lead to more coordinated and successful plays.
- Be decisive: When making a call, commit to it fully. Hesitation can lead to missed opportunities and misplays. Trust your instincts and make the best decision based on the information available.
Preventing Objective Steals: Securing Your Leads
Despite your best efforts, there will always be moments when the enemy team attempts to steal objectives.
Tips to Prevent Objective Steals
- Zone control: Use crowd control abilities and zoning spells to keep the enemy jungler away from the objective, reducing the chances of a steal.
- Smite timing: Practice your smite timing to secure objectives more consistently. Remember, it’s better to wait and secure the objective than to smite too early and risk a steal.
- Turn and fight: If the enemy team is collapsing on an objective, consider turning and fighting instead of risking a steal. Sometimes, securing kills can be more valuable than securing an objective.
Developing Synergy: The Key to Victory
Ultimately, success in League of Legends hinges on your ability to work together with your team. Developing synergy and fostering a positive team environment will not only make the game more enjoyable but also improve your chances of securing objectives and claiming victory.
- Q: What are the main changes in the 13.4 LoL Objective Changes? A: The main changes include the removal of the Rift Herald’s eye and the addition of new dragon buffs.
- Q: How can I improve my chances of securing the dragon soul buff? A: Focus on ward control, timing, and objective trading to secure dragons more effectively.
- Q: What strategies should I use for the new Rift Herald mechanics?
A: Apply early pressure, coordinate with your team, and optimize the usage of the Rift Herald.
- Q: How can I stay ahead of the metagame and adapt to changes? A: Study professional matches, communicate with your team, and be open to change.
- Q: What are some insider tips to dominate the new objectives? A: Be flexible with your champion picks and item builds, play the map proactively, and trust your instincts when making decisions.
- Q: How has the removal of the Rift Herald’s eye impacted gameplay?A: The removal of the eye has made securing the Rift Herald more time-consuming and resource-intensive, requiring better team coordination and strategy.
- Q: What are the benefits of securing the dragon soul buff? A: Securing the dragon soul buff grants your team a powerful, permanent buff that can significantly increase your chances of winning the game.
- Q: How can I improve my objective control in League of Legends? A: Focus on vision control, communication, and decision-making to improve your overall objective control.
- Q: What are some common mistakes players make when dealing with the new objectives? A: Common mistakes include poor warding, lack of communication, and reactive gameplay. To avoid these pitfalls, prioritize vision control, team coordination, and proactive decision-making.
Conclusion: Seize the Rift’s Opportunities
The 13.4 LoL Objective Changes have transformed the way players approach the game. By understanding and mastering these changes, you can gain a significant edge over your opponents and lead your team to victory. Adapt, evolve, and conquer the Rift!