As a League of Legends player, you want to be on top of your game at all times, but if you do not have the proper equipment, this isn’t going to happen. Having your hands on a right mouse (one that was created specifically for gaming) can make a significant difference in your LoL experience.
If you have been falling behind in LoL and you can’t seem to figure out what’s going on, then you may want to take a look at your mouse…that mouse could very well be the one making you a victim every time.
We understand that there are many different mouses on the market, and they’re all claiming to be “the best,” which makes it hard to figure out which ones are actually good. For this reason, we did our research and have compiled a review of the top mouses for League of Legends.
Why is Mouse Important?
As a PC gamer, you’re going to be spending a lot of time in front of your computer screen. When you have a mouse with many different customizable buttons, it will make it easier for you to quickly choose the function you need.
Best Gaming Mouse on a Budget – Logitech G502 HERO
Lately, Logitech has a good rep of touching the gaming market with accessories. With the HERO, they took the popular G502 and amped it up. The G502 is all about accuracy and precision, giving you the ultimate power at your fingertips. Here’s what G502 HERO can offer you:
- Accurate Sensor – The Hero offers up to 16,000 DPI thanks to an accurate sensor. To experience the best gaming speed, accuracy, and responsiveness, that is precisely what you need.
- 11 Buttons – Taking a closer look at this mouse, you’ll find that it has a total of 11 buttons, and each one of those buttons is customizable. Can you imagine what you could do with this?
- Adjust Weights – Inside the mouse, there are weights to adjust the mouse to your desired weight. It can have up to five 3.6 weights – each one being removable. This allows you to fine-tune the balance of the mouse and personalize it to your convenience.
- Customize the Lightning – In this mouse, Logitech included RGB lighting (it’s programmable) along with LIGHTSYNC technology. What does this mean? Well, it means that you will be able to customize this mouse with nearly 16.8 million colors.
- Rapid Click Feedback – With rapid click feedback, it’ll feel crisp and clean with every click you make. Built into the G502, there’s a unique metal spring tensioning system combined with pivot hinges, and this is the reason for that rapid click feedback.
- Outstanding build quality
- Buttons have been ergonomically placed.
- Their built-in sensor doesn’t require a whole lot of power.
The mouse looks a little bulky, but to us, that’s not that big of a deal.
All in all, we would recommend Logitech’s HERO to gamers due to the build quality, the fact that it has 11 buttons, and is accurate.
Most Popular Gaming Mouse – Razer DeathAdder Elite
The Razer DeathAdder Elite is one of the most popular on the market – it’s equipped with the new eSports grade optical sensor.
- 16,000 DPI Sensor – The Razer DeathAdder Elite comes with a 16,000 DPI sensor. With this, you can count on having an accurate sensor. Mind you; these are reprogrammable so that you can use them for gaming and creative work.
- Customizable Lighting – The RGB is customizable, and there are over 16.8 million color combinations that you can set up – you can have a total of five preset profiles.
- The Design – On the outside of the mouse, the scroll wheel is rubberized and ridged – this is there for maximum accuracy. Upfront, some bumps help increase grip, making it so that you have more control during risky situations that you’ll find yourself in while playing League of Legends.
- Seven Buttons – To make it even better, this Razer mouse has a total of seven programmable buttons. This makes it so that you can assign complex macros and customize the mouse exactly how you want it – this can be done through Razer Synapse.
- It’s ergonomic, making it comfortable to use
- Great speed and accuracy
- Has a 2.0 USB port
- You will need to make a profile on Razer’s site to use the software, but this doesn’t take long to do.
The Razer DeathAdder Elite is a great mouse – it’s engineered to redefine accuracy and speed standards. There is no doubt in our mind that this mouse will help you crush your competition and gank to your heart’s desire!
Most Advanced Gaming Mouse from Logitech – Logitech G903
With a HERO 16k sensor, 1:1 tracking combined with 400+IPS, this is probably one of the most advanced gaming mice from Logitech.
- DPI Sensitivity – This mouse has DPI sensitivity that can go up to a maximum of 16,000.
- Wireless – If you’re looking for a wireless mouse, then the Logitech G903 would be a suitable option. It even has a program 1MS report rate – this means that you don’t have to worry about drags, and since it’s light in weight, it’s easy to slide around.
- Battery Life – This mouse can survive for up to 140 hours on the lipo battery – that’s on RGB lighting. If you don’t use RGB lighting, you will get an additional 40 hours, making it last for a total of 180 hours. However, you want the RGB lighting!
- RGB Lighting – Let us explain why you want the RGB lighting – with this model, the RGB lighting responds to in-game action, and this will give you more reactive playtime. The 16.8 million color combination can be customized through the G Hub gaming software.
- 11 Buttons – The Logitech G903 gaming mouse has 11 buttons that you can customize – the same software you use to customize the lighting can be used to customize the buttons.
- Wireless mouse, but you can use a cable if you run out of battery life
- Long-lasting battery life
- Infinite scroll wheel
- May rattle when you shake the mouse
If you’re looking for a good gaming mouse that is responsive, comfortable, and customizable, then the – Logitech G903 is a good option.
Most Affordable Wired Gaming Mouse – The Corsair Harpoon
The Corsair Harpoon is cheap in price, but don’t let that fool you, because it’s still a good mouse for League of Legends.
6,000 DPI – This mouse has been downed to 6,000 DPI, which is lower than the others, but that’s okay because it’s still built for performance and has advanced tracking. Mind you; this is a wired mouse, which makes it different from the others on this list.
Contoured Design – The contoured design is a natural fit and supports all play styles. There’s a textured rubber grip, which will give you a tighter grip.
Six Buttons – The Harpoon has a total of six buttons – each one is fully programmable.
DPI Switching – DPI switching is easy with this mouse – this gives you up to 20 million clicks. Why’s this a big deal? This means that the gaming mouse can carry you through those problematic gaming scenarios and is responsive and ultra-fast.
Multicolor Back Lighting – Harpoon doesn’t come without color – it has multicolor backlighting, which can be customized.
- Works with the Xbox One
- Is small and compact
- High-quality tangle-free rubber cable
The mouse is a bit on the small side, so it’s made for smaller hands.
If you’re on a budget and require a good gaming mouse for LoL and all of your other games, then the Corsair Harpoon gaming mouse would be a suitable option.
Most Advanced FPS Gaming Mouse – Corsair M65 Elite
The Corsair M65 Elite is one of the most advanced FPS gaming mice on the market. Not only does it look good, but it feels great when using it. Corsair anodized this mouse’s body, giving it a premium look that stands out from the crowd.
- 18,000 DPI – With 18,000 DPI, this mouse has the highest DPI on this list.
- Adjustable Center of Gravity – The center of gravity is adjustable to suit your grip, and it has a weight inside that you can take out – you can adjust the weight from 97g up to 115g. Most gaming mice on the market are 100g, so having the ability to go past 100g is good.
- Buttons – The eight buttons on this mouse are fully programmable and are cleverly placed. You can easily remap or assign macros to each click. With the OMRON switches, you can get up to 50 million clicks. For those crucial shots (if you play FPS along with LoL), there’s a big red sniper button on the side.
- Extras – This gaming mouse comes with many extras, including onboard profile storage, multi-zone RGB lighting, and CORSAIR iCUE software.
- A big red dedicated snipe button
- Very durable
- Looks good
- Available in both white and black shell tops
From time to time, the mouse wheel may malfunction.
Hands down, if you’re looking for a good mouse for League of Legends and FPS games, the Corsair M65 Elite would be an excellent option for you. It offers up to 18,000 DPI, features eight fully programmable buttons, and has its own dedicated sniper button – you really can’t go wrong with this one.
Understanding what makes a Mouse the Best Mouse for League of Legends
We just listed some of the best mouses you can use to play League of Legends and other games. They are all great, but at the same time, it is still essential that you know about the factors to keep in mind while you’re looking for the best mouse for LoL.
As a gamer, you probably already know just how vital those programmable buttons are. Plus, this is what separates a gaming mouse from a traditional mouse. If you’re not sure how many programmable buttons you need on a mouse, choose one based on the games you play the most. For example, since this mouse is for League of Legends, the mouse you choose should have at least four buttons.
You will also want to consider how far apart the buttons are spaced on the mouse.
The mouse you choose should have a comfortable grip. If you’re in a store, the gaming mouses are often on display – give the mouse a try and see if it’s comfortable. If you have big hands, you’d want to choose a wide mouse so that you don’t have to squeeze your hand to touch all of the buttons.
Also, the mouse you choose shouldn’t be too heavy – some of the mouses have adjustable weights.
Wired vs. Wireless
Some people like wired, and some like wireless. It all depends on what you’re comfortable with. Wired mouses are popular, but you need to make sure you choose one that comes with high-quality wires. On another note, if you are going for a wireless mouse, you’ll want to choose one that has a long battery life and isn’t going to die in the middle of a gank on LoL.
We have reviewed the best gaming mice for League of Legends and listed them for you – the choice you make is entirely up to you. We use the Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse because the 16,000 DPI is top of the line, but it also has a superior ergonomic design and good sensitivity control. Plus, customizing the RGB lighting and having seven programmable buttons is a significant bonus (that’s enough buttons for League of Legends). Now that we’ve reviewed the best mouses for LoL have a look at the article in which we’ve listed the best gaming keyboards for League of Legends