Viktor in ARAM in Season 12 – Strengths and Weaknesses
Unlike in the past, Viktor is currently one of the best champions to dominate season 12, especially in ARAM. Riot Games have reworked his passive, and Viktor no longer requires an external item to boost his damage. All he needs is a Luden’s Tempest to start one-shotting people left and right.
Viktor isn’t the hardest champion to master, and after a couple of games, you’re going to feel comfortable with him. He has an extremely useful kit that lets him do damage but also to survive prolonged fights. He runs fast, bursts often, and is overall an excellent team-oriented champion!
The only negative side to playing Viktor is that he is an immobile champion. It can be very easy for him to fall into the enemy’s hands or get overrun. So positioning smartly is a crucial part, as well as getting alternative mobility options from his build.
So if you’re interested in playing Viktor in ARAM in season 12, then you’ve come to the right place to get the best build possible! Here we will take a look at the rune choices, item paths, spells, and all the additional tips and tricks that you’re going to need.
Best Build for Viktor in ARAM in Season 12
In ARAM, Viktor goes best with Flash and Mark. Flash helps you with literally everything and is a great offensive and defensive tool. And Mark allows you to reach your targets since Viktor doesn’t have the biggest ability range.
But, know that Ghost and Clarity are both viable options in certain situations. If the enemy team has a lot of tanks and you need to kite, then Ghost will be the better choice. And if no one on your team has Clarity, then the extra mana might prove necessary for the early game.
Also read: Why is League of Legends so Popular?
Best Runes for Viktor in ARAM
- Dark Harvest is the single-best keystone for ARAM, and Viktor benefits significantly from it. Since you’re going to fight 99% of the time, you’re going to collect a lot of souls. Each stack significantly increases Viktor’s burst potential. And with enough stacks, Viktor becomes really deadly. One E – Q combo is enough to delete anyone from Howling Fjord!
Taste of Blood
- Taste of Blood plays a vital part in Viktor’s survivability. Every 10 seconds, this rune heals you passively as you deal your damage. It’s really a no-brainer because neither Sudden Impact nor Cheap Shot can give Viktor as much value as Taste of Blood can.
- Eyeball Collection is the only damage increase in the third row of the Domination tree. The other two options have to deal with wards and visibility, which in ARAM is practically non-existent. With Eyeball Collection, you’ll be able to boost your AP and reach your power spikes faster.
- Ravenous Hunter is the most powerful last-row choice for Viktor. This rune provides an insane amount of healing if you manage to stack it up quickly. Every kill or assist grant you a stack, so it’s vital to start fighting early on. And paired with Taste of Blood, Ravenous Hunter can be the cornerstone of Viktor’s power throughout the game.
Presence of Mind
- And Presence of Mind is almost the equivalent to Ravenous Hunter. But where Ravenous Hunter heals your HP, Presence of Mind regenerates your mana as you deal damage. We honestly think that this rune is broken, and if not in ranked, then at least on ARAM because it’s totally possible to go the whole game on 100% mana.
Coup de Grace
- Coup de Grace is the only other rune that is worth picking up on Viktor. It gives you an 8% damage increase against targets below 40% HP. That simply means that you’re constantly going to deal 8% more damage since everyone is always fighting in ARAM.
- For bonuses, you want to get two Adaptive Forces so you can maximize your DPS at the start of the game. And depending on the type of comp you’re facing, pick up an Armor or a Magic Resistant rune.
Also read: Best Roaming Mid Lane Champions
Best Items for Viktor in ARAM
1. Luden’s Tempst
- The first item that you need to take care of as Viktor in ARAM is, of course, Luden’s Tempest. This item is the best choice for any mage, especially Viktor. The amount of raw power, mana regen, and the ability haste it provides are honestly too valuable to miss. And immediately after purchasing Luden’s Tempest, Viktor can start taking over games on his own.
2. Sorcerer’s Shoes
- After purchasing Ludens’s echo, the smartest option is to upgrade your boots. Sorcerer’s Shoes are your best friend because they bring more than enough magic penetration for the early and the mid-game.
3. Lich Bane
- Lich Bane is an incredible power spike on Viktor, so always aim to get it as fast as possible. It synergizes exceptionally well with his Q – Siphon Power and adds a lot of value to Viktor’s one-shot potential. Almost all of Viktor’s abilities are in the auto-attack range, so you won’t have any trouble proccing the effect.
4. Zhonyas’s Hourglass
- Zhonya’s Hourglass is your only viable defensive item as Viktor. The flat Armor helps a lot against a full AD team, and the active is literally a life-saver. And remember that you can buy Stopwatch separately and double the value of the Stasis.
- Morellonomicon is an awesome item that allows you to defeat the tanks and the healers in League of Legends. The Grievous Wounds debuff can be crucial against such comps, so make sure to pick it up in every game.
6. Rabadon’s Deathcap
- And for the end, we have Rabadon’s Deathcap. You essentially want to buy this item for closing the game since your damage numbers will skyrocket, and you’ll be able to shift+delete anyone.
- Void Staff can also be an excellent choice if you already have enough AP but lack the magic penetration to melt your opponents.