The Spirit Blossom event on League of Legends went live on July 22, 2020, and will end on August 24, 2020.
After the event ends, players will have an additional two weeks to spend those tokens – this means you will have until September 8 to use your tokens. After September 8, the tokens will vanish from your inventory, so make sure you use them.
There’s a Whole lot of Rewards.
With the Spirit Blossom event, you can count on there being a lot of rewards to choose from. This event will allow you to earn new chromas, skins, keys, key fragments, and, of course, Blue Essence.
There’s a Twist
This year, the Spirit Blossom Event has a twist to it. Spirit Blossom comes with what is referred to as Spirit Bonds instead of taking the regular route of completing preset missions and playing games to stack on rewards. Through the Spirit Bonds, players will be able to earn favor with numerous champions or per se, “spirits” to move forward in the story and earn rewards.
What are Spirit Bonds?
Spirit Bonds are missions that are themed around various League of Legend champions – most of the champions are from the Ionian faction. They feature neat video clips, animations, and a vast interactive map, along with prizes.
Here’s a list of some of the loot you can get:
- Orange essence
- Blue essence
- Exclusive emotes (those are always fun)
- Masterworks chests
- Prestige points
- Hextech key
- Spirit Blossom Orbs (those are themed chests)
You can earn between 5-10 tokens per game of League or TFT (all of the prizes above can be purchased with those tokens).
Spirit Blossom Skins
You can get these skins on the LoL store using RP or by using earned tokens. If lady luck is on your side, you may find them in a Spirit Blossom Orb, so you may want to hold on to those tokens (or money) until the end.
- Spirit Blossom Lillia – Goes for 1350 RP
- Spirit Blossom Teemo – Goes for 1350 RP
- Spirit Blossom Yasuo – Goes for 1350
- Spirit Blossom Vayne – Goes for 1350 RP
- Spirit Blossom Thresh – Goes for 1820 RP
As you see, Thresh is a tad bit more expensive – as you earn souls and kills in the game, it transforms.
In this event, little Teemo is being blessed with a delicate Prestige skin. This is actually the first time we’ve seen this little bully get a special edition cosmetic – it will change the Spirit Blossom greens and blues into lovely little autumn hues of golden browns.
Each one of the skins will not have under nine recolors (also referred to as chromas). Seven of those can be purchased for 290 RP. However, you can only get the Emerald chromas from loot boxes, like regular chests or Blossom Orbs.
In the upcoming weeks, there will be four additional Spirit Blossom skins showing up in the event. Cassiopeia, Ahri, Kindred, and Riven are the champions that will be getting the skins in the second wave.
Multiple Chromas Available
With the Spirit Blossom event, you will notice multiple chromas popping up. These chromas included choices like Aquamarine, Turquoise, Citrine, Peridot, Catseye, Emerald, Pearl, Obsidian, Rose Quartz, and Sapphire. Take note that not all of these chromas we just listed will be available for every one of the champs.
The chroma that has the coolest look to it comes from the Night Blossom line. You can only get this chroma if you have the Spirit Blossom Pass bundle, so that’s something you may want to look into getting.
Nexus Blitz Mode Returns
Some of you will be happy to hear that the Nexus Blitz mode has returned. This is an exciting rapid-fire game mode that many League of Legends players love, and it will have an event-themed map that is complete with flying blossoms and fall trees.
Some New Emotes and Wards
With this sweet little event, there will be some new emotes and wards worth checking out.
The emotes include:
- Tee Hee!
- Carry Me!
You can earn these emotes by doing missions.
As for the ward skins, you can get the Akana and Kanmei ward skins. Both of the ward skins can be purchased in the store for 640 RP.
The Spirit Blossom Event Pass
The Spirit Blossom event pass is packed full of new prizes, from event orbs to missions that can get you the best chromas, skins, and cosmetics.
This year, there are numerous passes.
Basic Spirit – The first pass is called the basic Spirit Blossom Pass, and it costs 1650 RP. With this pass, you will receive four Spirit Blossom Kanmei Orbs and 200 Spirit Blossom tokens.
Premium Bundle – With the 2020 Spirit Blossom event, you will have the option to choose the premium bundle. The premium bundle will cost you 2650 RP, and it is worth it. It comes with everything the Basic Spirit package comes with, as well as a special icon and border, along with the new Teemo skin.
Spirit Blossom Event Missions
You don’t have to purchase a Spirit Blossom pass to access the Spirit Blossom event mission – this is something that every League of Legends player will be able to access. The missions tend to revolve around using the champions that are receiving new skins.
Here’s a list of the Spirit Blossom missions, along with the rewards they come with:
- Lose a matchmade PvP SR match – Receive 5 Tokens
- Win a matchmade PvP SR match – Receive 10 Tokens
- Lose a matchmade PvP ARAM match – Receive 3 Tokens
- Win a matchmade PvP ARAM match – Receive 6 Tokens
- In TFT, achieve a rank of 1-2 – Receive 8 Tokens
- In TFT, achieve a rank of 3-5 – Receive 6 Tokens
- In TFT, achieve a rank of 5-6 – Receive 4 Tokens
- In TFT, achieve a rank of 7-8 – Receive 2 Tokens
- Lose a matchmade Nexus Blitz Match – Receive 3 Tokens
- Win a matchmade Nexus Blitz match – Receive 3 Tokens
Missions with a Spirt Blossom Pass
- Milestone 1 – Rewarded with a Spirit Blossom 2020 icon
- Milestone 2 – Rewarded with 5 prestige points
- Milestone 3 – Rewarded with 10 Win XP boost consumable
- Milestone 4 – Rewarded with 5 prestige points
- Milestone 5 – Rewarded with the “Carry Me!” emote
- Milestone 6 – Rewarded with 5 prestige points
- Milestone 7 – Rewarded with 1500 Blue Essence
- Milestone 8 – Rewarded with 5 prestige points
- Milestone 9 – Rewarded with the “Tee Hee!” emote
- Milestone 10 – Rewarded with 5 Prestige Points
- Milestone 11 – Rewarded with the “Hiya!” emote
- Milestone 12 – Rewarded with 1500 blue essence
- Milestone 13 – Rewarded with 500 orange essence
- Milestone 14 – Rewarded with mystery emote
- Milestone 15 – Rewarded with 1 Gemstone
- Milestone 16 – Rewarded with a Hextech Key
- Milestone 17 – Rewarded with 1 masterwork chest
- Milestone 18 – Rewarded with 750 orange essence
- Milestone 19 – Rewarded with Spirit Blossom Kanmei Orb
- Milestone 20 – Rewarded with 1 Gemstone
Spirit Blossom Event Rewards
With this event, you will be able to use those event tokens you earned to grab some awesome rewards through the Spirit Blossom shop. There’s a lot for you to choose from – everything from chromas and skins to loading screen borders and summoner icons, you will have many customization options available.
The Spirit Blossom in-game shop will be available throughout the event, and then, as we said before, it will remain open for a couple of weeks after the event has ended. Remember, this is the only place you will be able to get the Spirit Blossom Prestige Teemo (apart from Hextech rolling).
Here’s a list of some of the things you can find in the Spirit Blossom Shop:
- Spirit Blossom Vayne Chrome + Icon Bundle – Cost 300 Tokens
- Spirit Blossom Thresh Chrome + Icon Bundle – Cost 300 Tokens
- Spirit Blossom 2020 Event Prestige Points + 100 Prestige Points – Cost 2200 Tokens
- Spirit Blossom Yasuo Chrome + Icon Bundle – Cost 300 Tokens
- Spirit Blossom Lillia Chrome + Icon Bundle – Cost 300 Tokens
- Spirit Blossom Teemo Prestige Edition + Border and Icon – Cost 2000 Tokens
- Spirit Blossom Yasuo Icon + Border – Cost 250 Tokens
- Spirit Blossom Thresh Icon + Border – Cost 250 Tokens
- Spirit Blossom Teemo Icon + Border – Cost 250 Tokens
- Spirit Blossom Vayne Icon + Border – Cost 250 Tokens
- Spirit Blossom Lillia Icon + Border – Cost 250 Tokens
- Spirit Blossom 2020 Icon – Cost 50 Tokens
- Kanmei Orb – Cost 250 Tokens
There’s also seven miscellaneous items that you can purchase with your Spirit Blossom tokens.
Here’s a list of standard rewards:
- 10 Blue Essence – Cost 1 Token
- 100 Blue Essence – Cost 10 Tokens
- 1 Key – Cost 60 Tokens
- 3 Keys – Cost 180 Tokens
- 1 Key Fragment – Cost 20 Tokens
- Mystery Emote – Cost 60 Tokens
- Random Champion Shard – Cost 50 Tokens
During the Spirit Blossom event, two new champions show themselves. One of the champions is Yone, which is Yasuo’s dead brother – this champion has returned for revenge for his death. The second champion is Lillia – the “Bashful Bloom” jungler.
Spirit Bonds Favor Missions
The event brings its own set of quests. Each of the champions that are featured in the event will need you to complete favors for them – once they are completed, you will be rewarded with favor points.
When you play the champion in a game and complete their favor, you will earn even more favor points.
Before we forget – with this event, there’s also a new Lab game mode that you may be interested in, and it’s pretty fun. You will pick from six new Spirit Blossom decks. Also, instead of starting with 20 health, each player will start with 30 health.
So there you have it – the Spirit Blossom Event is now taking place until August 24, 2020. We understand, it’s a lot to take in, and there are even more emotes, ward skins, and icons that you can discover.
So far, what do you think of this event? Did you receive any special loot yet?