Removing any game from your computer can be a little hectic. Valiant isn’t for everyone, it’s a game that requires aim practice, and dedicated time some people can’t provide which takes a toll on some players.
Even if you want to delete Valorant, you might need to uninstall it to fix some bugs. Some particular steps are needed to be followed to uninstall Valorant, so without further ado, let’s find out how to successfully delete Valorant and the subsequent Anticheat successfully.
To uninstall Valorant you need to remove Riot Vanguard first, Vanguard needs to be closed first before uninstalling. After it’s closed, you can easily uninstall it in System Settings.
We hope that you never have to delete this awesome game but if you have to, we have got you covered, the steps to delete Valorant are a little different in different versions of windows, so let’s just dive in.
Also read: How Long is an Average Valorant Match?
- A Valorant anti-cheat program known as Vanguard needs to be closed before it can be uninstalled because if you try to uninstall Vanguard before closing it in the background a message will appear which reads “ the program is still running”, so first we gotta close the anti-cheat program. From the left bottom corner open your system tray, there you will see an icon for Riot Vanguard just right-click on it and close the application
- A prompt window will appear which will tell you the games which depend on Vanguard will start to malfunction until you restart your computer, it will ask “are you sure you want to continue”, clicks yes
- Once the Vanguard is closed you can easily remove it from your computer to do that you have to type “Add or remove programs” in the search bar, and you will see the icon as shown in the photo. Left-click on it to open it
- A new window will appear in front of you where you can uninstall any application on your pc, in the middle of your screen you will see an option “search this list”, type Riot Vanguard on it, and left-click on the Vanguard’s icon there you will see an option to uninstall it
- When you click on uninstall it will uninstall Riot Vanguard.
- This procedure will take a couple of minutes to complete, when it’s finally done you can repeat the same process to uninstall the Valorant.
Also read: What Does CT Mean in Valorant?
- For Windows 7 you’ll need to close the Riot’s Vanguard from the system tray the same way it’s done on Windows 10
- Once it’s closed you’ve to click on the windows button and search for the control panel and open it
- A new window will appear which will read “Adjust your computer’s settings”. In the control panel, you’ll see many options, search for “program and features” and left-click to open it
- This will open a window where you’ll all the programs which are installed on your computer. Scroll down and find the Riot Vanguard, right-click on it and you’ll see an option to uninstall the Riot’s Vanguard
- This procedure will take a couple of minutes to complete then you’ll repeat the same procedure so you can uninstall the game and the remaining files
Because of the new interface uninstalling Valorant in Windows 11 is a little bit different than the other Windows.
- Before uninstalling Valorant you’ll need to open up the taskbar to make sure that Valorant, Riot’s client, or its Vanguard isn’t running. To check expand the arrow icon on the taskbar and if there is any related to Valorant close it
- Afterward, click on Riot client and close Vanguard completely
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type “add or remove programs’ then open it
- This will open new windows which will consist of the programs installed on your computer
- There you can scroll down to find Valorant there, and click on three dots
- There will be an option to uninstall click it
- The computer will uninstall the game and you’ll see a pop-up screen
Remember, the procedure to remove Valorant won’t uninstall the Riot Client on your computer you’ll have to do it yourself.